Who is eligible?
This is the first program nationwide that has a mentor-mentee matching program within the undocumented community. Therefore, If you self-identify as undocumented, hold an undocumented legal status, have DACA/TPS, AB540, or have a refugee immigration status we highly encourage you to apply to be a Mentor or Mentee.
Mentors: No specific requirements are needed to be a mentor. We believe that anyone can be a mentor and can contribute so much. If you want to give back to the undocumented community we invite you to be a mentor.
Mentee: No specific requirements are needed to be a mentee. If you need help in your personal, educational, and career development we highly encourage you to be a mentee.
Does the Mentor Program have mentors who are NON-DACA?
- Yes, many mentors and mentees are non-DACA.
When will we know about our mentor?
- One week after the start of the program
How will we be matched with a mentee?
- The UndocuProfessionals mentorship program team works diligently to pair the best possible match and many pieces are reviewed before finalising the match. Some to mention are: Location, Availability and your main goal of the program.
How long is the mentee/(f)mentor relationship supposed to last?
- The Fall/Winter Mentorship Program will last from Oct. 26th-January 16th, however, we hope the mentorship program is only the beginning of the relationship with your mentee/mentor.
What resources will undocuprofessionals mentorship team will provide to (f)mentors in order to assist their mentee?
- We will provide the following events and resources for the mentors so they can better assist their mentee: 1 hour training, 2 Mentors Meetings, provide resources, one-to-one meeting upon request, 2 networking events,
Is it only for College students or fresh graduates who are seeking work?
- Mentees that need personal, educational and professional development are highly encouraged to apply. Also, HS students are welcome to apply.
How often are the meetings with the mentees?
- The date and time is flexible. It is up to the mentor and mentee to decide on the dates/times of meetings.
Can I be a Mentor and Mentee at the same time?
- Yes, you can certainly be a mentor & mentee at the same time.
What happens if I cannot move forward with the Mentorship program?
- We understand that we are currently living differently and difficult times, therefore, we ask that you please let us know as soon as possible to ensure that we notify the mentee/or mentor.